Louise Palmer is an Ottawa based mixed media artist. Fond childhood memories of the tactile pleasure of creating art with found objects and discarded magazines evolved into her current experimental collage style. Louise draws inspiration from animals, nature and her curiosity of the world around her. Louise's pieces are created, either partially or in full, with recycled books and magazines. Her joy of rearranging torn paper to create a new picture is extended to the viewer who may at first believe they are seeing loose brush strokes, only to be surprised by hidden images among the changing tones.
Predominantly a self-taught artist, Louise earned her Certificate of Creative Arts from Algonquin College in 2016.
Louise is currently exhibiting at:
- Electric Street Gallery, Ottawa, Ontario.
- Art À la Carte: Celebrating Ontario Artists 2021, Legislative Assembly of Ontario:
- Swan Diva
Louise participated in the following Juried Exhibitions:
- Art À la Carte: Celebrating Ontario Artists, Legislative Assembly of Ontario:
- Swan Diva, 2020
- First Shoot, 2019
- Wall Candy Art Expo, Ottawa, Ontario. 2018, 2019
Louise has exhibited her work at:
- Galerie d’Art Riverside, Wakefield, Quebec. 2019, 2020
D'OMMA Gallery, Nepean Sportsplex, Nepean, Ontario. 2020
- Art House Café, Ottawa, Ontario. 2018, 2019